This LibGuide will give you an introduction to literature and Web resources you can use for this geoscience course.
Caroline Gilson, the science librarian, will also be a good human resource. She has an office in the Prevo Science Library. She's dividing her work hours between Prevo and working from home. Library services are still happening online (online ILL, access to databases and e-books, access to the librarians via email, phone or video chat) and we are checking out books via a Contactless Book Pickup process.
***Caroline is happy to meet for a research consultation: set up an appointment by emailing email@example.com
Research Tips from Caroline G.
1. Paper and pencil. Write things down. Look for common keywords, authors, phrases. Use these to search for articles in library subscription databases.
2. Read. Email citations to yourself; these will have links back to the database and the possible link to FT. You may need to read over ten articles to find three good ones.
3. Interlibrary Loan: this is an option for e-articles to which we do not subscribe to the journal.
4. Set up DePauw access to your instance of Google Scholar. Watch the recording on the LibGuide.
5. Consider using EndNote Basic or Zotero to organize your citations. See the companion LibGuides for each of these tools to explore and create an account.
6. Email Caroline to set up a research consultation. Don’t struggle – ask for help. Also available: Online Chat via the Libraries home page (with a Peer Research Consultant).