Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Searching DePauw's Online Catalog
[alt text: screenshot of DePauw's Music Library Homepage, displaying Discovery Search]
Refine Your Search With Filters
Use the built-in filters to refine your search. In addition to keywords or subject headings, make sure to pay attention to:
- Format (search for accessible content; i.e. downloadable article, eMusic, eBook, etc.)
- Content Type (search for accessible content; i.e. downloadable article, eMusic, eBook, etc.)
- Publication Year
Directly Explore our eBook Collections
Selecting and Using Keywords
Make the most of your search and search strategically:
- Search for materials that are available digitally (i.e. eBooks, eMusic, etc)
- Do a quick scan for background information
- Create a list of concepts and keywords relevant to your search topic
- Group those concepts together or combine different concepts
- Use terminology and facts learned from your background information
- Look at the bibliographies of resources that you like If you like their ideas, who inspired them?
- Make sure you evaluate while searching:
- Where is this information coming from?
- Is the source biased? Scholarly? Dated?
Temporarily Free Content Due to the COVID-19 Emergency
Cambridge University Press
Cambridge University Press is making higher education textbooks in HTML format free to access online during the coronavirus outbreak. Over 700 textbooks, published and currently available on Cambridge Core are available online to students through their university library regardless of whether textbooks were previously purchased. We are also providing free access to research related to the coronavirus. The Press plays a global role in education and research and shares its University’s mission to contribute to society through its work. Sharing that research can play an important role in tackling shared threats such as this. More than 80 relevant book chapters and journal articles are available, drawn from journals including Epidemiology & Infection; Prehospital and Disaster Medicine; Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology, and from Animal Health Research Reviews, among others. Future articles will be added to the collection once they have been published.
Duke University Press
Duke University Press is providing 90 days of complimentary electronic access to course materials (which includes their Duke eBook Collection). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Ohio State University Press
For the duration of this crisis, all Ohio State University Press monographs, and the linguistics textbook language files, will be open and free to use through the Ohio State University Libraries’ Institutional Repository, The Knowledge Bank (https://kb.osu.edu/).
Acquiring Remote Access
- If the Music Library has a physical item and you would like to find out if we can get an digital version, email me (email@example.com) with your request.
- Requests for articles, book chapters, and portions of scores (e.g., a movement, a song, a part) that can be made available via remote access, will still be processed.
- Not all items are available for libraries to purchase as a digital resource, but we will find out what is and is not available.
- Please reach out if you have any requests or questions.