Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Caroline Gilson, the science librarian, is happy to meet for a research consultation, and it may be best to set up an appointment by emailing email@example.com
Sample article: Discovery of a Thorne–Żytkow object candidate in the Small Magellanic Cloud
Citation Alphabet Soup of Astrophysics Journals:
- Astronomy & Astrophysics: A&A
- Astrophysical Journals: ApJ
- Astrophysical Journal Supplement Series: ApJS
- Astronomical Journal: AJ
- Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society: MNRAS
- Acta Astronautica: Acta Astron.
Annual Reviews This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? You want to read summaries of previous research on a topic, giving you historical context and current understanding of the subject, as well as a list of sources to consult.
- What's included? Over 30,000 literature reviews in the Biomedical, Life, Physical, and Social Sciences, dating back to 1932.
Science Direct College Editions This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? You are looking for full-text scholarly articles on science, education, psychology and business topics.
- What's included? Full-text of over 500 journal titles in the areas of science, technology, business and medicine.
Web sites of interest...
arXiv.org is an e-print service for research articles, covering areas include physics, mathematics, computer science, nonlinear sciences, quantitative biology and statistics. Maintained by Cornell University.
Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
The SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS) is a Digital Library portal for researchers in Astronomy and Physics, operated by the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO) under a NASA grant. The ADS maintains three bibliographic databases containing more than 6.7 million records.