Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Searching by Topic or Keyword
Detling, J. K., Dyer, M. I., Procter-Gregg, C., & Winn, D. T. (1980). Plant-Herbivore Interactions: Examination of Potential Effects of Bison Saliva on Regrowth of Bouteloua gracilis (H.B.K.) Lag. Oecologia, 45(1), 26–31.
Searching for articles...start with these database:
Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? Great starting point, with something for every subject!
- What's included? Lots of full-text, mostly peer-reviewed and recent, with some older and popular sources.
Science Direct College Editions This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? You are looking for full-text scholarly articles on science, education, psychology and business topics.
- What's included? Full-text of over 500 journal titles in the areas of science, technology, business and medicine.
JSTOR This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? It’s an excellent tool for scholarly articles and books/chapters from university presses, covering most disciplines.
- What's included? The collection's strength lies in its complete back issues of journal titles covering 75 disciplines, while a weakness is a "moving wall" limiting access to the most recent journal issues - the coverage skews older, so it’s not always a great starting point for researching topics that need to have the most current sources.
JSTOR Sustainability This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? You are looking for articles and reports on environmental issues.
- What's included? Over 100 journals and over 5,400 open research reports. Subtopics include sustainable business practices, urban planning and development, disaster readiness, conversation, climatology, resource management, energy policy.
BioOne This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? You need articles covering biological, ecological, and environmental science topics.
- What's included? A collection of full-text journals, mostly from small societies and non-commercial publishers, covering fields such as zoology, plant sciences, ornithology, and entomology.
Biological Sciences This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? You need biology resources.
- What's included? A mix of scholarly journals, trade and industry journals, magazines, technical reports, conference proceedings, and government publications covering biology, biomedicine and related subjects.
Native American Medicinal Plants by
Publication Date: 2009
In Native American Medicinal Plants, anthropologist Daniel E. Moerman describes the medicinal use of more than 2700 plants by 218 Native American tribes.
Journals to consider for primary research articles in plant ecology
These are titles the DePauw Libraries has active subscriptions; links have been added below taking you to to the Library catalog. Different providers offer different years of coverage, so be sure to scroll down within the title record to see print holdings and the Access Online link for online coverage.
- Use the Journals tab on the Libraries Home page. Search for known journals by title to see what access points we have on campus (print and/or online).
- Use the Find It button within a database to connect to the article (print and/or online). If DePauw does not access, you can request the article via ILL (Interlibrary Loan).