Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Getting Started in EndNote (the client)
To create a new library:
- Go to File > New > Save and enter a new file name.
To enter references manually:
- Open a library, then go to References > New Reference.
- Select Reference Type. (Journal article is the default choice.)
- Type in or cut-and-paste content into the record.
- Closing the New References window saves your reference. You can delete it by typing CTRL-D and Enter while it is selected.