Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Searching DePauw's Online Catalog
[alt text: screenshot of DePauw's Music Library Homepage, displaying Discovery Search]
Make the most of your search and search strategically:
- Search for materials that are available digitally (i.e. eBooks, eMusic, etc)
- Do a quick scan for background information
- Create a list of concepts and keywords relevant to your search topic
- Group those concepts together or combine different concepts
- Use terminology and facts learned from your background information
- Look at the bibliographies of resources that you like If you like their ideas, who inspired them?
- Make sure you evaluate while searching:
- Where is this information coming from?
- Is the source biased? Scholarly? Dated?
Directly Explore our eBook Collections
Art & Architecture ePortal (A&AePortal) This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? You’re researching topics related to art and architecture; including urban history, art history and theory, conservation and technical studies, decorative arts and material culture, design and graphic design, fashion and textile history, landscape studies, or photography and film.
- What's included? Many out-of-print titles, key backlist, peer-reviewed born-digital content, and recent releases from academic and museum publishers are available as eBooks exclusively on A&AePortal.
EBSCO eBook Collection This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? You’ve tried other sources looking for ebooks, but are still hoping to find more.
- What's included? Ebooks that cover many disciplines.
Refine Your Search With Filters
Use the built-in filters to refine your search. In addition to keywords or subject headings, make sure to pay attention to:
- Format (search for accessible content; i.e. downloadable article, eMusic, eBook, etc.)
- Content Type (search for accessible content; i.e. downloadable article, eMusic, eBook, etc.)
- Publication Year
Selecting and Using Keywords