Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Searching for articles...start with these database:
Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? Great starting point, with something for every subject!
- What's included? Lots of full-text, mostly peer-reviewed and recent, with some older and popular sources.
Annual Reviews This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? You want to read summaries of previous research on a topic, giving you historical context and current understanding of the subject, as well as a list of sources to consult.
- What's included? Over 30,000 literature reviews in the Biomedical, Life, Physical, and Social Sciences, dating back to 1932.
Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? You are looking for research articles on medical topics.
- What's included? Scholarly full text journals covering nursing and allied health topics, including pediatric nursing, critical care, mental health, nursing management, medical law and more.
Science Direct College Editions This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? You are looking for full-text scholarly articles on science, education, psychology and business topics.
- What's included? Full-text of over 500 journal titles in the areas of science, technology, business and medicine.
JSTOR This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? It’s an excellent tool for scholarly articles and books/chapters from university presses, covering most disciplines.
- What's included? The collection's strength lies in its complete back issues of journal titles covering 75 disciplines, while a weakness is a "moving wall" limiting access to the most recent journal issues - the coverage skews older, so it’s not always a great starting point for researching topics that need to have the most current sources.
JSTOR Sustainability This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? You are looking for articles and reports on environmental issues.
- What's included? Over 100 journals and over 5,400 open research reports. Subtopics include sustainable business practices, urban planning and development, disaster readiness, conversation, climatology, resource management, energy policy.
BioOne This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? You need articles covering biological, ecological, and environmental science topics.
- What's included? A collection of full-text journals, mostly from small societies and non-commercial publishers, covering fields such as zoology, plant sciences, ornithology, and entomology.
Biological Sciences This link opens in a new window
- Why search here? You need biology resources.
- What's included? A mix of scholarly journals, trade and industry journals, magazines, technical reports, conference proceedings, and government publications covering biology, biomedicine and related subjects.
General Science Magazines & News Sources