Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Searching DePauw's Online Catalog
[alt text: screenshot of DePauw's Music Library Homepage, displaying Discovery Search]
Make the most of your search and search strategically:
- Search for materials that are available digitally (i.e. eBooks, eMusic, etc)
- Do a quick scan for background information
- Create a list of concepts and keywords relevant to your search topic
- Group those concepts together or combine different concepts
- Use terminology and facts learned from your background information
- Look at the bibliographies of resources that you like If you like their ideas, who inspired them?
- Make sure you evaluate while searching:
- Where is this information coming from?
- Is the source biased? Scholarly? Dated?
Directly Explore our eBook Collections
Art & Architecture ePortal (A&AePortal) This link opens in a new window
eBook resource that features scholarship in the history of art, architecture, decorative arts, photography, and design.
EBSCO eBook Collection This link opens in a new window
About 9,000 ebooks; copyright dates mostly between 1944 and 2009. Most titles are 1B1U (single user at a time).
Acquiring Remote Access
- If the Music Library has a physical item and you would like to find out if we can get an digital version, email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your request.
- Requests for articles, book chapters, and portions of scores (e.g., a movement, a song, a part) that can be made available via remote access, will still be processed.
- Not all items are available for libraries to purchase as a digital resource, but we will find out what is and is not available.
- Please reach out if you have any requests or questions.
Refine Your Search With Filters
Use the built-in filters to refine your search. In addition to keywords or subject headings, make sure to pay attention to:
- Format (search for accessible content; i.e. downloadable article, eMusic, eBook, etc.)
- Content Type (search for accessible content; i.e. downloadable article, eMusic, eBook, etc.)
- Publication Year
Selecting and Using Keywords